In pursuit of the above objectives, we have:
- Developed and streamlined format for preparation of research proposals.
- Developed criteria for evaluating proposals.
- Processed, evaluated and awarded TETFUND intervention research grants to 12 researchers in the amount of N16.6 million.
- Implemented the inaugural "Lunch & Learn" session.
- Initiated registration drive and developed a database of registered research faculty.
- Visited TETFUND offices at Abuja, established contacts, and held discussions that would enhance research activities at KWASU.
- Proactively issued requests for proposals (RFP) for the 2012/2013 TETFUND intervention research period. Started initial screening of 45 responses received.
- Negotiated and completed processes that led to a month's free trial of the COS/Pivot system for research funding opportunities. Presently, will report to KWASU management on the Pivot system that could lead to annual subscription to the system.
- Provide administrative support to our research faculty in proposal preparation, and oversee contract and grant administration.
- Facilitate training programs and activities in developing quality research proposals.
- Build a reference database of research-funding agencies, worldwide.
- Organize and host conferences, workshops, seminars in areas of collaborative research.
- Build and maintain website of the Center for Sponsored Projects that would provide detailed information on the above items and other related research activities.