Centre for Telecommunications Research and Development – CTRD
Mission: The mission of the Center for Telecommunications Research and Development (CTRD)
is to advance the learning of and research into telecommunications technology and explore use of the
technology for development, through instrumentality of collaborative action and modern research
activities, thereby promoting educational improvement and use of ICT tools and services, and resulting
in optimal development, knowledgeable society and high levels of achievement and accomplishments.
Vision: To be a world-class telecommunications research center seeking to expand the frontiers of telecommunications knowledge and be most innovative in disseminating the knowledge and its applications towards advancing the cause of humanity and development.
- To promote and conduct research in telecommunications related areas with special interest in providing solution to rapid spectrum congestion.
- To deepen partnership with telecommunication service providers and collaboration with the industry.
- To attract research grants.
- To host Research Fellows from around the world.
- To carry out teaching of telecommunication courses.
- To mentor students on ubiquitous opportunities in telecommunication filed.
- To provide professional services on design of telecommunication systems.