This is to inform the 2017/2018 Graduands of the Kwara State University that the 6th Convocation Ceremony for the award of First and Postgraduate Degrees and presentation of prizes will hold on Saturday 9th June, 2018.
Details of the activities are as follows:
- Tuesday, 5th June, 2018
- VICE CHANCELLOR’S PRESS BRIEFING
Venue: Council Chambers, Kwara State University, Malete
- Thursday, 7th June, 2018
Venue: KWASU Auditorium
- Friday, 8th June, 2018
Venue:Mini Convocation Arena
- Saturday, 9th June, 2018
- Convocation for the First and Postgraduate degrees, and Prizes for the College of Agriculture, Education , Engineering, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences, Information and Communication Technology and Pure and Applied Sciences.
Venue: Convocation Arena
All Guests are expected to be seated by 9.00a.m.
BRIEF FOR GRADUANDS
- All prospective graduands for the 2017/2018 Academic Session are requested to check their names on the list to be displayed on the University website: kwasu.edu.ng as soon as Senate approves the final year results.
- Each graduand shall be allowed a maximum of two (2) guests. Invitation cards will be issued as from Thursday, 7th June, 2018 when academic gowns will be available for collection.
- All prospective Graduands are expected to pay the followings fees:
- Undergraduate -N25,000.00 (Twenty Five Thousand Naira)only for the following items, irrespective of whether or not they attend the Convocation Ceremony:
- Hiring of Academic Gown;
- Order of Proceedings;
- Certificate Scroll;
- Alumni fees
- Postgraduate -N50, 000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira)
- Order of Proceedings and Certificate scrolls will be available for collection immediately after the Convocation Ceremony from College Officers on presentation of evidence of payment of appropriate charges and clearance certificate.
- Graduands are expected to attend a Rehearsal of the Academic Procession which will hold at 4.00p.m on Friday, 8th, June, 2018 at the University Convocation Arena.
- It is compulsory for all Grduands, who will attend the Convocation Ceremony, to participate in the Academic Procession and wear the approved academic gown. Any Graduand without academic gown will not be allowed entry into the Convocation Arena
- Graduands are expected to be formally dressed in full English wear (i.e. Suit, Shirt and tie for men and Skirt suit /Skirt and blouse or gown for Ladies) or full national dress.
- Graduands are expected to be on the Campus by 7.00a.m. on Saturday, 9th June, 2018 for the Procession which will start from the Administrative Building at 8.00am prompt. Any graduand who comes late will not be allowed to enter the Convocation Arena.
- All hired gowns should be returned by the Graduands to their respective College Officers not later than Friday 15th June, 2018. Gowns returned after that date will attract a fine of Five Hundred naira (N500.00) only per day.
- Graduands should visit the University’s website for details of mode of payment of Convocation charges.
PAYMENT FOR CONVOCATION CHARGES
Graduands are expected to make the following payment electronically:
- First Degree Payment for Convocation charges - N25,000.00
- Postgraduate Degree Payment for Convocation charges - N50,000.00
MODE OF PAYMENT
Graduands may now proceed to their portal to pay for Convocation charges.
NOTE: All graduating students whose names where published by the Academic Division are to submit their JAMB Admission Letters, Receipt of Hostel Accomodation or Payment for Hostel Exemption to the Students Affairs Unit on Monday 11th June, 2018.