INVITATION FOR ADMISSION INTO DIPLOMA IN LAW (COMMON LAW), DIPLOMA IN LAW (COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW) AND CERTIFICATE IN LEGAL STUDIES (CILS) PROGRAMMES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LAW, COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES, MANAGEMENT& SOCIAL SCIENCES (FULL TIME/PART TIME)
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Diploma in Law (Common Law), Diploma in Law(Common and Islamic Law) and Certificate in Legal Studies (CILS) Programmes of the College of Law, Kwara State University, Malete, Nigeria. The applications are open for Full-Time and Part-time programmes. In putting in their applications, Applicants should comply with the following instructions:
- MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application Fee: N10,000 (Full Time: Diplomas) and N12,500 (Part Time: i.e. CILS)
- Visit our website at: kwasu.edu.ng/myportal.kwasu.edu.ng and click on “Apply Now for the Diploma in Law (Common Law), Diploma in Law(Common and Islamic Law) and Certificate in Legal Studies”
- For the Diploma in Law (Common Law), Diploma in Law (Common and Islamic Law): click on “Common and Islamic Law”under Institute/Centre, then Select Program from the List
- For the Certificate in Legal Studiesclick on “LEGAL STUDIES” under Institute/Centre, then Select Program from the List
- Click on “Continue” to proceed with payment
- Complete the registration form and make payment with your ATM Card
- WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Young School Leavers (Holders of SSCE)
- Staff of the Judiciary
- Bank/Insurance Officers and Staff of Other Financial Institutions
- Civil Servants, Estate Managers and Tax Officers
- Any Person in need of the Basic Working Knowledge of Law and Its Application
- Military/Paramilitary Staff such as Staff of Police, Prisons Service, Immigration, Customs, Civil Defence, etc
- Candidates looking forward to a Future Career in the Legal/Paralegal Professions
- Holders of Degrees; OND; HND; NCE in non-Law related fields
- Journalists; NGO workers; Administrators; Businessmen/women; Non-Lawyer Human Rights and Social Justice Activists; etc.
- Politicians; Political Scientists and Public Office Holders with the need for Law Knowledge
- BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Conferment of: Diploma in Law (Common Law), Diploma in Law (Common and Islamic Law)and Certificate in Legal Studies by the Kwara State University.
- CILS is presentable and acceptable anywhere in the world as evidence of Proficiency Training in Legal Studies.
- Diploma Certificates(with at least Credit grade) is acceptable for direct entry admission into KWASU Degree Programmes in Law (LLB).
- To be well equipped with Basic Working Knowledge of Law and Practice
- QUALIFICATION FOR THE PROGRAMME
- Diploma in Law(Common Law)
At Least Five Credits in English Language, Literature in English and Mathematics (Pass may be taken for Maths) and Two other Subjects amongst Government; History; IRS/CRS; Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo/Arabic/French; Civic Education; Geography; Commerce; Economics; Accounting; Agriculture; Biology; Computer Science obtained in not more than two sittings in WAEC; NECO; or NABTEB examinations or a combination of any two of them
- Diploma in Law (Common and Islamic Law)
At Least Five Credits in English Language, IRS/Arabic and Mathematics (Pass may be taken for Maths) and Two other Subjects amongst Government; History; Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo/French; Civic Education; Geography; Commerce; Economics; Accounting; Agriculture; Biology; Computer Science obtained in not more than two sittings in WAEC; NECO; ISSC or NABTEB examinations or a combination of any two of them.
- Certificate in Legal Studies (CILS)
- As in 1 or 2 above
- Previous Degrees; HND, ND; Diplomas; or NCE in any other Field are required
- Working Experience/Working Engagement would be added advantage
- PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES
- The Programme aims to provide an opportunity for students to learn about substantive Nigerian law and practice, and to gain experience of skill-based tasks necessary for them to make a significant contribution to the workplace organizations they serve or will serve and the wider community.
- The specific objectives of the Programme are:
- a) To equip students with a general foundation of knowledge in selected areas of legal studies and practice procedures
- b) Toequip students with the basic skills to provide support to legal practitioners in various types of professional legal practice.
- d) Diploma Certificate is acceptable for admission into LLB Degree Programmes
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION AND SCREENING
The application closes on Tuesday 9ththSeptember, 2018 while the applicants will appear for screening on Monday, 10th September, 2018.
The screening is scheduled as follows:
- Date: Monday, 10thSeptember, 2018
- Time: 9: 00 a.m. prompt
- Venue: KWASU, Malete Campus.
- Required Documents: Applicants shall come along with originals and a set of photocopies of their credentials; Original and photocopies of the Payment-Teller; two copies of passport-size Photograph and evidence of birth-date.
- DURATION, PERIODS AND VENUE OF THE PROGRAMME
- FULLTIME (Diploma Programmes): The programme will run for 72 Weeks (two academic sessions) while lectures hold from Mondays to Saturdays (8:00AM – 4:00PM) on Malete Campus
- PART TIME (CILS): The Duration of the Programme is 36 Weeks (One Academic Session) while lectures hold on Fridays (5PM-8PM) and Saturdays (9:00AM – 6:00PM) at KWASU Contact Office Sango, Ilorin.
List of admitted candidates shall be placed on the KWASU website while Resumption and Registration commence on Monday 14th September, 2018.
- Diploma Programs
- FULL TIME: N105, 000.00 (One Hundred and Five Thousand Naira) per session
- PART-TIME: N180, 000.00 (One Hundred and Eighty Thousand) per program
NOTE: Upon receipt of official notice of admission, students can pay the tuition fee (No instalment payment). Fee paid is neither refundable nor transferable under any circumstances.
- FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES:
For further enquiries on the programme, you may please contact any of the following under-listed persons: 08030773187, 08178608214, 08038334466
CLICK HERE TO APPLY