Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Senior Lecturer in the Department of Linguistics, African and European Language, English Unit, College of Humanities, Management and Social Science at the Kwara State University. Malete, Nigeria.
Candidate must possess:
- a B.A degree in English at First Class or Second Class, (Upper Division), M. A degree in Literature in English.
- a Ph.D. Degree in Literature in English with a minimum of six (6) years cognate teaching experiences plus at least twelve (12) significant scholarly publications in national and international journals outlets and Conference proceeding.
- ability to develop and execute research project and must show an evidence of research direction or supervision at the postgraduate, especially Masters Level.
- Proficiency in Computer
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward 15 hard copies each of their applications, photocopies of their credentials and current Curriculum Vitae which should contain the following:
- Full names (Surname Last in Block Letters)
- Post Applied for
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their ages
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin (if Nigerian)
- Local Government Area
- Contact address
- Permanent Home address
- GSM Numbers and e-mail address
- Institution(s) Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates
- Number of Publications
- Present Employment Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two) 2 of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicants to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to the Registrar, indicating the post applied for.
All applications should be addressed to the Registrar, Kwara State University, Malete, P.M.B 1530, Ilorin.
The post applied for should be indicated in the left side corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.
All applications and referees’ reports should be submitted not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement. Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.