General Admission Regulations
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
1. UNIVERSITY TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATIONS (UTME)
- Admission into 100 levels shall normally be through the University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted annually by the Joint Admissions and matriculation Board.
- A candidate seeking admission into Kwara State University shall possess a minimum of 5 credits pass in G.C.E/SSCE/NECO ( or its equivalent) in relevant subjects including English language obtained at not more than two sittings.
2. DIRECT ENTRY INTO 200 LEVEL
- Candidate shall (in addition to 5 credits pass in relevant subjects, including English Language) obtain at least 2 “A” level passes at G.C.E A level or its equivalent in the relevant subjects.
- Holder of ND or NCE Certificate with a minimum of upper credit, and holders of HND with lower credit from recognized institutions may be admitted into 200 level(year two) of the relevant degree programmes provided they satisfy the minimum requirements stipulated for entry into 100 level.
Candidates who are offered admission shall present original certificates of their educational qualifications for scrutiny by the academic office before they can be duly registered as students of the University. Candidates may be required to attend an interview in order to assess their suitability or otherwise before admission.
The university reserves the right to accept or reject an application to any degree programme.